Definition of wing tip in English:
1The tip of the wing of an aircraft or of a bird or other flying animal.
- We flew through overcasts in formation, wing tip to wing tip, coming out on top to see a beautiful white blanket brightened by the blazing sun.
- It was common practice to find a ladder at the wing tip of the aircraft, as well as a fire bottle and some AGE equipment.
- These tail fin tip vortices have been interpreted to be analogous to wing tip vortices of aircraft.
2 (wingtip or wingtip shoe) North American A shoe with a toecap having a backward-extending point and curving sides, and leather that is perforated in a standard pattern.
- I watched, in mute fascination, as the black wingtip shoe sliced through the air.
- As if to reassure myself, I glanced down at my school uniform: at the polished black wingtip shoes, the freshly ironed khaki trousers, the crisp white button-down shirt, the silk navy colored tie, and the sharp navy colored suit jacket.
- Ray was, of course, dressed in the standard Gordon Bailey uniform: white button down shirt, navy suit jacket, navy tie, khaki trousers, black wingtip shoes.
Definition of wing tip in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan