- One complete set of motions of a wing in flying.More example sentences
- At its simplest, the flight stroke can be considered the gross up-and-down motion that makes a wingbeat.
- The bird rises almost perpendicularly in the air with fluttering wingbeats before turning rapidly and making a slow spiral descent with wings and tail outspread.
- Aerodynamic loads affect the wing throughout the wingbeat cycle, but their influence is most obvious during downstroke.
More definitions of wingbeatDefinition of wingbeat in:
- The US English dictionary