- 1An attacking player on the wing in soccer, hockey, and other sports.More example sentences
- They have brought in three more attacking players in wingers Luciano and Khalilou Fadiga and playmaker Andy van der Meyde, so the signs point towards a more offensive approach.
- If the winger beats two players and then crosses it for the striker, then there should be no problem.
- Robben did what very few wingers or wide players are capable of doing: he made his flank the centre of the game and changed the whole dynamics of the pitch.
More definitions of wingerDefinition of winger in:
- The US English dictionary