adjectiveNorth American • informal
- Having achieved the most success in competition: the winningest coach in pro-football historyMore example sentences
- Lenny Wilkens became the all-time winningest coach in NBA history when his team, the Atlanta Hawks, won the game that marked his 939th coaching win on this day.
- One of the winningest coaches in the 1990s, Green recently signed a five-year contract with the Arizona Cardinals.
- At number 21, Scotty Bowman was the winningest hockey coach ever.
More definitions of winningestDefinition of winningest in:
- The US English dictionary