Definition of winter garden in English:
1A garden of plants, such as evergreens, that flourish in winter.
- It now features for those who love flowers and plants rose gardens, a rock garden, an azalea garden, a rhododendron dell, an indoor winter garden, a Japanese garden and herbaceous borders.
- Its 500 acres of gently undulating terrain feature formal gardens, an Asian heath garden, a winter garden and an ancient woodland.
- Perfume to me is so much more important in a winter garden than a summer garden when the heat itself seems to bring forth all sorts of aromas from the atmosphere.
1.1A conservatory in which flowers and other plants are grown in winter.
- You enter at a middle level, looking up and down into a glass-roofed atrium used both for vertical circulation and as a winter garden in the months when the piazza is covered with snow.
- A glass winter garden, known as The Menagerie, leads to the ballroom and the outdoors.
Definition of winter garden in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan