- 1A garden of plants, such as evergreens, that flourish in winter.More example sentences
- It now features for those who love flowers and plants rose gardens, a rock garden, an azalea garden, a rhododendron dell, an indoor winter garden, a Japanese garden and herbaceous borders.
- Its 500 acres of gently undulating terrain feature formal gardens, an Asian heath garden, a winter garden and an ancient woodland.
- Perfume to me is so much more important in a winter garden than a summer garden when the heat itself seems to bring forth all sorts of aromas from the atmosphere.
- 1.1A conservatory in which flowers and other plants are grown in winter.More example sentences
- You enter at a middle level, looking up and down into a glass-roofed atrium used both for vertical circulation and as a winter garden in the months when the piazza is covered with snow.
- A glass winter garden, known as The Menagerie, leads to the ballroom and the outdoors.
More definitions of winter gardenDefinition of winter garden in:
- The US English dictionary