A squash which has a hard rind and may be stored.
- Cultivars of Cucurbita moschata and C. maxima, family Cucurbitaceae
More example sentences
- To the early settlers, squash was just another mysterious New World food that they ate to survive the hard winters, but today's winter squashes are not such a puzzle.
- Also, summer squashes take up less room then do the winter squash.
- Squash bugs probably get on my winter squash but there is such a tangle of vines and no need to get involved with them on a regular basis that I don't see them.
Definition of winter squash in:
- The US English dictionary