- A deciduous Chinese shrub which produces heavily scented yellow flowers in winter before the leaves appear.
More example sentences
- Chimonanthus praecox, family Calycanthaceae
- Set as a backdrop, these colourful stems provide an excellent foil for the wintersweet.
- There were camellias flowering, witch hazel and wintersweet, and rows of paperwhites beside the driveway.
- We all say that the witch hazel is under-utilized, but the wintersweet is nowhere to be found.
More definitions of wintersweetDefinition of wintersweet in:
- The US English dictionary