- Variable precipitation consisting of rain, freezing rain, sleet, or snow: we noticed as we proceeded north that the wintry mix had turned to a wet snowMore example sentences
- They expect a wintry mix of snow and rain from North Carolina up to New England.
- During our walk there was a wintry mix of precipitation falling, and some very slippery spots on the sidewalk where there was not much traction.
- Also in the northeast, could see a wintry mix of precipitation.
More definitions of wintry mixDefinition of wintry mix in:
- The US English dictionary