Definition of wipeout in English:
1An instance of being destroyed or overwhelmingly defeated: a nuclear wipeout
More example sentences
- And with an entire community having sprouted along the river, there is no doubt that the next flood will be a complete wipeout.
- One consequence was the virtual wipeout of Mexico's small farmers by a flood of subsidized U.S. food imports.
2A fall from a surfboard.
- He experienced the best and the worst of Pipeline with a perfect 10, a handful of hideous wipeouts and broken surfboards.
- Combine ceiling high sets with powerful rip currents and Rockaway's notorious, shifty, ledgy peaks, and the stage was set for some serious ripping… and brutal wipeouts.
- Wear a wetsuit that won't blow open in severe wipeouts.
Definition of wipeout in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.