Definition of wire brush in English:
1A brush with tough wire bristles for cleaning hard surfaces.
- Use a paintbrush comb or small wire brush to clean the bristles.
- Before you store such tools for the off season, use a wire brush to remove surface rust and dirt.
- Your instincts are right about using a wire brush or pressure washer to clean the surface.
verbBack to top
(wire-brush) [with object] Clean (something) with a wire brush: wire-brush the rusty areas until you expose bare metal
More example sentences
- I have been power-washing them and wire-brushing them each year, but the problem returns in a very few months.
- For interiors, lightly wire-brush surfaces to take off loose debris.
- If you act now, that minimal damage can probably be wire-brushed to remove the loose, flaking paint, primed to seal and protect the wood, and painted with a top quality paint.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.