Definition of wire brush in English:
1A brush with tough wire bristles for cleaning hard surfaces.
- Use a paintbrush comb or small wire brush to clean the bristles.
- Before you store such tools for the off season, use a wire brush to remove surface rust and dirt.
- Your instincts are right about using a wire brush or pressure washer to clean the surface.
verbBack to top
(wire-brush) [with object] Clean (something) with a wire brush: wire-brush the rusty areas until you expose bare metal
More example sentences
- I have been power-washing them and wire-brushing them each year, but the problem returns in a very few months.
- For interiors, lightly wire-brush surfaces to take off loose debris.
- If you act now, that minimal damage can probably be wire-brushed to remove the loose, flaking paint, primed to seal and protect the wood, and painted with a top quality paint.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan