- 1A system of wires providing electric circuits for a device or building: the wiring was in urgent need of replacementMore example sentences
- And with the need to tie into existing building wiring, the system will have to be located close to the electrical feed into the building.
- EMF exposures exist in the home and workplace as a result of electrical equipment and building wiring, and not only as a result of nearby power lines.
- The Milton Rooms' licence, which is needed before plays, shows and discos can go ahead, has been declined because the electrical wiring in the building is considered unsafe.
- 1.1 • informal The connections of the nervous system or brain perceived as determining an innate behaviour pattern: civilizations have put nothing into the basic wiring of the human animalMore example sentences
- New evidence points to production of myelin, a fatty insulation coating the brain's internal wiring, as a neural Achilles' heel early in life.
- In its own particular way, synesthesia points to yet another way that the wiring of the brain can create different ways to experience life.
- Yet, our brain's wiring hasn't changed much, and human survival responses still are triggered by the idea we are under some sort of imminent threat.
More definitions of wiringDefinition of wiring in:
- The US English dictionary