- 1A forked bone (the furcula) between the neck and breast of a bird. According to a popular custom, this bone from a cooked bird is broken by two people and the holder of the longer portion is then entitled to make a wish.More example sentences
- In Sue, the two shoulder blades seem to be joined by a very small, almost straight piece of bone, and this was supposed to suggest that this was a wishbone like a bird's.
- Heaped on a pedestal, the intact wishbones are perfect wish opportunities forgone for the sake of art.
- Tyrannosaurs shared a number of characteristics with birds, including hollow bones, feet with three primary toes that all pointed forward, and a wishbone.
- 2A forked element in the suspension of a motor vehicle or aircraft, typically attached to a wheel at one end with the two arms hinged to the chassis: [as modifier]: double wishbone suspensionMore example sentences
- The front suspension is a double wishbone coil spring with damper and a five-link coil sprung solid axle in the rear.
- The double wishbone suspension and coil-over shocks are mounted to large aluminum castings.
- A double wishbone front suspension and gas-filled rear shocks help absorb vibration at faster speeds while providing a smoother ride over mixed road services.
More definitions of wishboneDefinition of wishbone in:
- The US English dictionary