- A tough creeping grass that can become an invasive weed:
More example sentences
- ● couch grass. ● (also old witch grass) a North American grass (Panicum capillare, family Gramineae).
- I've done two years of lasagne composting, followed by two layers of weed cloth, and then about six inches of wood chips - the witch grass keeps coming through with a vengeance.
- Witch grass is an annual grass native to North America that infests field crops, small grains, grasslands, and a variety of other habitats.
- When a visitor stands in the center of the trail and scans eastward across the tops of a myriad of purple meadow rue, old witch grass, big blue stem, and wild raspberries and plum, ‘natural history’ becomes visually literal.
More definitions of witch grassDefinition of witch grass in:
- The US English dictionary