A tough creeping grass that can become an invasive weed:
- ● Couch grass. ● (also old witch grass) A North American grass (Panicum capillare, family Gramineae).
More example sentences
- I've done two years of lasagne composting, followed by two layers of weed cloth, and then about six inches of wood chips - the witch grass keeps coming through with a vengeance.
- Witch grass is an annual grass native to North America that infests field crops, small grains, grasslands, and a variety of other habitats.
- When a visitor stands in the center of the trail and scans eastward across the tops of a myriad of purple meadow rue, old witch grass, big blue stem, and wild raspberries and plum, ‘natural history’ becomes visually literal.
Definition of witch grass in:
- The US English dictionary