- Dense twiggy growth in a tree caused by infection with fungus (especially rusts), mites, or viruses: thirty per cent of the crop is destroyed by witches' broom [count noun]: those big untidy bunches of twigs called witches' broomsMore example sentences
- His research includes two major goals: understanding genetic diversity of the fungus that causes witches' broom and identifying resistance to the disease.
- The tropical climates where cacao grows best are also perfect incubators for fungal diseases like black pod, witches' broom, and frosty pod rot.
- ‘Because the two fungi are related,’ Aime says, ‘biocontrol methods now used to keep witches' broom in check may also work for frosty pod.’
More definitions of witches' broomDefinition of witches' broom in:
- The US English dictionary