- Chicory of a broadleaved variety grown for blanching.More example sentences
- Try to include a few slightly bitter salad leaves such as radicchio or witloof, or peppery ones such as watercress or rocket.
- These chicons are the forced shoots of an otherwise green, bitter salad called witloof chicory.
- The warm forcing conditions for witloof chicory production can cause browning of the chicon axis.
late 19th century: from Dutch, literally 'white leaf'.
More definitions of witloofDefinition of witloof in:
- The US English dictionary