- A large long-bodied marine fish with a long-based dorsal fin and sharp doglike teeth, which lives in deep waters of the northern hemisphere. Also called catfish, sea wolf.
More example sentences
- Family Anarhichadidae: several genera and species, including the edible Anarhichas lupus
- Larger, yet still immature, wolf fish, and scorpion fish peered curiously at us from crevices in the rock, waiting no doubt for a passing meal or the opportunity to dart out and seize some unsuspecting prey.
- This Aberdonian favourite specialises in seafood recipes from around the world - gumbos, chowders, fishcakes, the works - using every imaginable fresh Scottish seafood, including halibut, sole, wolf fish, turbot, lobster and crab.
- The team also filmed wolf fish and deep-sea sharks, which fought over mackerel bait attached to the lander.
More definitions of wolf fishDefinition of wolf fish in:
- The US English dictionary