- A dog of a large breed originally used to hunt wolves.More example sentences
- Indeed a wolfhound bred by Fr. Kennedy in Rosenallis found its home with the Kennedys in the Whitehouse.
- The English hounds, bred in royal courts during the 15th and 16th century, were high-legged, strong animals probably originating from the crossing of English mastiffs with Irish greyhounds and wolfhounds.
- The current ‘dogmobile’ for Denise's two wolfhounds and one lurcher is an ageing Peugeot 806.
More definitions of wolfhoundDefinition of wolfhound in:
- The US English dictionary