Definition of womanize in English:
(Of a man) engage in numerous casual sexual affairs with women (used to express disapproval): (as noun womanizing) there were rumours that his womanizing had now become intolerable
More example sentences
- She retired to bed for two decades, while the husband womanized.
- Dexter also addresses the rumors of his father's womanizing by saying, he was human with all the foibles and shortcomings of any mortal, yet he denies any real tomcatting around on his father's part.
- Despite the arrangement, Joan and Philip seem passionately happy, until Joan discovers Philip's womanizing and is driven to ‘mad’ jealousy.
- Example sentences
- I've heard lots of stories about how he's such a ladies' man and womanizer.
- Old Silas is a flirt, a womaniser, a happy drunk, a prankster, a poacher, a skilled raconteur and a hero for little Ed, as he guides him through a memorable summer of booze, birds and boxing.
- The fact that Da Ponte was a serial womanizer was only one characteristic that separated him from Casanova.
Definition of womanize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan