The organ in the lower body of a woman or female mammal where offspring are conceived and in which they gestate before birth; the uterus.
More example sentences
- The cervix is the lower, narrow part of the uterus or womb, which is located in a woman's lower abdomen.
- The baby is protected by the amniotic fluid in the womb and by your abdomen.
- Pregnant women can get varicose veins because of the pressure on the veins in the pelvis as the womb expands.
Old English wamb, womb, of Germanic origin.
- More example sentences
- Inside its womb-like structure is an obsessively detailed model of an old-fashioned movie-house, complete with a 17-seat ‘balcony’ where the participants sit.
- A walk through the womb-like interior at Tynecastle rekindles many memories of the players who have trod the same path from youth-team hopeful to first-team regular that Severin is attempting to emulate.
- Moments are incredibly beautiful, especially when they dangle above a dappled stage wrapped womb-like in fabric, or entwined around the hoop, they spin into the shadows of the lighting grid.