noun[usually treated as singular]
- Academic courses in sociology, history, literature, and psychology which focus on the roles, experiences, and achievements of women in society.More example sentences
- Dr Caball said social studies, women's studies, history, literature and film studies were all popular choices for postgraduate research by applicants for the awards.
- Instead, the focus is on departments like sociology or ethnic and women's studies where there's a lot of progressive thought.
- The class in which Mary and I met was listed by the departments of studio art, women's studies, and art history.
More definitions of women's studiesDefinition of women's studies in:
- The US English dictionary