Definition of wonder-worker in English:
A person who performs miracles or wonders.
- The wonder-workers of the 2003 Intermediate Championship endured their own ill-luck.
- The million dollars sits awaiting assignment to any of those thousands upon thousands of wonder-workers out there who Roll so admires and believes in; it cannot be used for any other purpose.
- But he also knew that as ‘Son of David,’ Jesus was more than just a wonder-worker.
- wonder-working sages and KabbalistsMore example sentences
- Given enough time, with the wonder-working power of natural selection acting upon genetic mutations, even seemingly impossible things can happen.
- We're not seeing the brilliance of Darwin and the immense wonder-working power of natural selection.
- Union organizers in the past had sometimes put political lyrics to gospel music, as when Industrial Workers of the World organizer Joe Hill sang of the wonder-working might of the union (rather than of the blood of the lamb).
Definition of wonder-worker in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia