A person who performs miracles or wonders.
More example sentences
- The wonder-workers of the 2003 Intermediate Championship endured their own ill-luck.
- The million dollars sits awaiting assignment to any of those thousands upon thousands of wonder-workers out there who Roll so admires and believes in; it cannot be used for any other purpose.
- But he also knew that as ‘Son of David,’ Jesus was more than just a wonder-worker.
- wonder-working sages and KabbalistsMore example sentences
- Given enough time, with the wonder-working power of natural selection acting upon genetic mutations, even seemingly impossible things can happen.
- We're not seeing the brilliance of Darwin and the immense wonder-working power of natural selection.
- Union organizers in the past had sometimes put political lyrics to gospel music, as when Industrial Workers of the World organizer Joe Hill sang of the wonder-working might of the union (rather than of the blood of the lamb).
Definition of wonder-worker in:
- The US English dictionary