- Inspiring delight, pleasure, or admiration; extremely good; marvellous: they all think she’s wonderful the climate was wonderful all the year roundMore example sentences
marvellous, magnificent, superb, glorious, sublime, lovely, delightful, first-class, first-rate• informal super, great, smashing, amazing, fantastic, terrific, tremendous, sensational, incredible, heavenly, gorgeous, dreamy, grand, fabulous, fab, fabby, fantabulous, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, awesome, magic, ace, cool, mean, bad, wicked, mega, crucial, mind-blowing, far out, A1, sound, out of this world, marvy, spankingNorth American • informal peachy, dandy, jim-dandy, neat, badass, boss, radical, rad, boffo, bully, bitching, bodaciousSouth African • informal kif, lankBritish • informal , • dated capital, champion, wizard, corking, cracking, ripping, spiffing, top-hole, topping, beezerNorth American • informal , • dated swell, keen• literary wondrous• archaic goodly
- It is a substantial piece of work and a wonderful, and inspiring, record of bravery.
- If he's on the tube we can just mute the gabble and marvel at his wonderful face instead.
- It was the very early stages of what has become an amazing and wonderful relationship.
- [as submodifier]: the bed was wonderfully comfortableMore example sentences
- It's wonderfully fresh, almost perfect from start to finish and an absolute joy to drink.
- His voice may not be as pure as it once was, nor soar quite so magnificently, but it is still wonderfully hypnotic.
- My Toulouse sausages were wonderfully warm and spicy, with a marvellous grainy texture.
- More example sentences
- All in all, a worthy celebration of the liberty, creativity, chutzpah, dynamite babes, dynamite tunes, and totally awesome wonderfulness which is our true blue home, our own native land, our beloved America.
- If the concert had been at the South Bank or the Barbican I would have had to decline the drink-up, but the wonderfulness of working at the heart of Westminster Village was the ability to nip to the concert as an interval in the works' drinkies.
- Cartwright never really gets to grips with the darker issues that bubble underneath her veneer of child-like wonder at the whole gosh - darned wonderfulness of everything to do with the show.