A creeping Eurasian woodland plant, with clover-like leaves and pink or white flowers that are typically streaked with purple.
- Oxalis acetosella, family Oxalidaceae
More example sentences
- It gathered flowers from the forest floor as they walked: yellow celandine and primrose, pale anemone, pink-veined wood sorrel, purple hepatica, lilac and plum violets.
- The plant looks like some class of a clover or even a wood sorrel to me.
- Areas cleared of rhododendrons will be recolonised with plants such as bluebells, wood sorrel and honeysuckle.
Definition of wood sorrel in:
- The US English dictionary