Definition of woodblock in English:
1A block of wood, especially one forming part of a floor: [as modifier]: a woodblock floor
More example sentences
- Faced with the challenge of selecting a flooring solution that created the right ambience, reclaimed maple woodblock from a timber flooring specialist provided the solution.
- The reception hall with mahogany woodblock floor leads to a gracious drawing room with windows on three sides overlooking the well-tended gardens.
1.1A block of wood from which woodcut prints are made.
- For the creation of one of these prints several woodblocks have to be carved, a key-block for the outlines and one block for each color.
- The woodblock printing technique came from China to Japan several hundred years ago.
- Watanabe's print shop was completely destroyed - and with it the woodblocks of all 500 prints created by Takahashi Hiroaki.
1.2A hollow wooden block used as a percussion instrument.
- The other plays a multiple percussion setup consisting of a seven-piece drumset supplemented by a woodblock, pedal-operated tambourine, triangle and slapstick.
- Activities involving clapping, playing a woodblock, or tossing a beanbag work well with more upbeat tempi since the muscle movement takes a shorter time to complete.
- A more animated idea follows, with frolicking clarinets and boisterous woodblocks.
Definition of woodblock in:
- US English dictionary