Definition of woodchip in English:
1A chip of wood.
- As well as firewood, the Country Park is now introducing woodchips and mulch to their range of recycled wood produce.
- The Ministry of Environment is concerned with wood residue such as bark, sawdust, shavings, woodchips and offcuts generated by sawmills.
- Scotland's forest industry has focused on producing low-value timber while business has been ignoring the energy potential of hitherto unsaleable parts of the tree or sawmill - by-products like sawdust and woodchips.
1.1 (also woodchip paper) [mass noun] chiefly British Wallpaper with woodchips embedded in it to give a grainy surface texture.
- You either painted it or put woodchip paper everywhere.
- It also came with built-in wardrobes - the louvred kind - stippled ceilings and woodchip wallpaper, which all seemed so smart and modern in 1978.
- I started taking off the polystyrene tiles on the hall ceiling only to discover that they had been glued directly onto woodchip wallpaper.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan