Definition of woodcutter in English:
1A person who cuts down trees or branches, especially for fuel.
- My first impression of Woolrich came not from hunters, but woodcutters atop pine tree forested mountains when I was a young U.S. Forest Service firefighter.
- It has little to say about management techniques for the kinds of nonlumber wood that woodcutters require and does not provide a reliable parameter of growth rates for the species that woodcutters prefer for cooking fuel.
- In addition to the practical considerations favoring the dry wood of dead trees over the wet and heavy wood of living trees, woodcutters in Santa Fe express, and partly practice, an ethic of woodcutting.
2A person who makes woodcuts.
- Per Kirkeby's new multi-perspectival paintings are like images from a woodcutter's tale, told at the edge of the dark forest.
- He has worked as a joiner, woodcutter, ship-repairer, road-builder, sign-painter, farmer and metal-worker.
- So why have Santa Fe woodcutters been unable to develop a more appropriate knowledge system to inform their woodcutting practices?
- Example sentences
- From ceramics, fibreglass sculptures, terracotta, fabric printing, printmaking, woodcutting, oil painting to, now, working with mixed media and acrylic on canvas, she is invariably experimenting and changing.
- Future conservation will rely increasingly on reserving forests from woodcutting, with the accent on preservation rather than conservation and a likelihood of forest degradation by severe fire.
- You know how the theremin, grandfather of the modern synthesizer, sounds kind of like the singing saw - an instrument as old as woodcutting?
Definition of woodcutter in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.