noun[mass noun] (also woodlands)
- Land covered with trees: large areas of ancient woodlandMore example sentences
- Clouts Wood is an area of ancient woodland of oak and ash, one mile south of Wroughton.
- Adams said foxes that did not come out of the cover of woodlands or were injured could still be legitimately killed by the hound pack.
- It plans to plant at least 35,000 trees in parks and woodlands across the UK.
Entry from US English dictionary
More definitions of woodlandDefinition of Woodland in:
- The US English dictionary