noun (plural woodlice /-lʌɪs/)
A small terrestrial crustacean with a greyish segmented body and seven pairs of legs, living in damp habitats.
- Oniscus and other genera, order Isopoda.
More example sentences
- These tireless toilers of the soil include such creatures as the earthworms, woodlice and millipedes.
- The main detritivore taxa were woodlice, millipedes, insects, and gastropods.
- In 1890, Dubois confirmed that blinded salamanders displayed an aversion to shorter wavelengths of light, and. in 1895, Finsen extended the results to frogs, earthworms, woodlice, beetles and flies.
Definition of woodlouse in:
- The US English dictionary