- A very small American hummingbird found in tropical forests, with a green back and typically a red or purple throat.
More example sentences
- Family Trochilidae: several genera and species
- The bill may be proportionately longer on some woodstars, but really, they look about the same on average.
- They've been named wood nymphs, comets, mountain gems, fairies, sunbeams, plummeteers, sun angels and woodstars by the people who discovered them.
- Hummingbirds’ names evoke their exquisite qualities and variety, from sabrewings to woodstars to sunangels - to this Green Violet-ear.