- A long-winged Australasian and southern Asian bird related to the Australian butcher-birds, feeding on insects in flight.
More example sentences
- Family Artamidae and genus Artamus: several species
- One of their major discoveries concerned Australian passerines: birds like fairy-wrens, Austra-Papuan robins and woodswallows had all been placed in different groups of Old World birds, as suggested by their names.
- At the dam there are hundreds of woodswallows congregating for their drink and preparing to roost.
- Considered to be the most sedentary of the woodswallows, it will move to coastal areas during droughts.