adjective (woodsier, woodsiest)North American
- Relating to or characteristic of wood or woodland: trails through woodsy countryside the woodsy smells of cedar and pineMore example sentences
- The forest was damp and smelled the way Henry figured a deer would smell, all woodsy and the like.
- But over the century sweet, floral smells came to be gendered as female; woodsy, outdoor scents such as pine and cedar as male.
- A staff of about 25 operates out of a squat 54-year-old building made of horizontal stone, which sits at the top of a woodsy hillside on the pastoral campus of St. Olaf College.
mid 19th century: formed irregularly from wood (differentiated from woody).
More definitions of woodsyDefinition of woodsy in:
- The US English dictionary