Definition of woodturning in English:
The action of shaping wood with a lathe.
- Basketmaking, woodturning, buttermaking and needlework are among the many craft and heritage practices on show during the day also.
- He will exhibit a selection of woodcarvings and woodturning in Castlecomer Library until October 16.
- During the day on Saturday, there is a display of traditional crafts in Gurteen village i.e. basket making, woodturning, butter making and many more.
- Example sentences
- A woodturner needs a lathe and some basic tools.
- There are potters, goldsmiths, textile artists, glass workers, painters, sculptors, woodturners and more.
- The work is mostly in native Irish hardwoods but some local woodturners use more exotic timber like the Pua Rosa and the Brazilian purple heart.
Definition of woodturning in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan