The action of shaping wood with a lathe.
More example sentences
- Basketmaking, woodturning, buttermaking and needlework are among the many craft and heritage practices on show during the day also.
- He will exhibit a selection of woodcarvings and woodturning in Castlecomer Library until October 16.
- During the day on Saturday, there is a display of traditional crafts in Gurteen village i.e. basket making, woodturning, butter making and many more.
- More example sentences
- A woodturner needs a lathe and some basic tools.
- There are potters, goldsmiths, textile artists, glass workers, painters, sculptors, woodturners and more.
- The work is mostly in native Irish hardwoods but some local woodturners use more exotic timber like the Pua Rosa and the Brazilian purple heart.
Definition of woodturning in:
- The US English dictionary