- An inability to identify spoken words, resulting from a brain defect such as Wernicke’s aphasia.More example sentences
- Other common names are auditory perception problem, auditory comprehension deficit, central auditory dysfunction, central deafness and so-called ‘word deafness.’
- The findings have important implications for our conceptualization of pure word deafness and its subtypes.
- Pure word deafness can arise from a problem at any point of the process of auditory encoding for speech.
More definitions of word deafnessDefinition of word deafness in:
- The US English dictionary