Definition of word processing in English:
The production, storage, and manipulation of text on a computer or word processor: PCs used for word processing [as modifier]: a basic word-processing package
More example sentences
- They will edit and produce their books more or less as they are used to, using word processing and desktop publishing tools.
- Not having a PC at home, some weekends I need to hire one for access to the Internet, to use word processing or spreadsheet programs.
- The classes teach the basics of computing, word processing, spreadsheets, Internet browsing and Web cameras.
- Example sentences
- Nevertheless, readers are encouraged to sue the manufacturer of the computer on which this article was word-processed.
- Fifteen years later she had word-processed three books without handwritten drafts and created one of the best websites of her community college colleagues.
- This book was written, not churned out or word-processed.
Definition of word processing in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan