- 1Not special, unusual, or interesting; ordinary: your humble workaday PCMore example sentences
ordinary, average, run-of-the-mill, middle-of-the-road, mainstream, conventional, unremarkable, unexceptional, unpretentious, plain, simple, undistinguished, nondescript, characterless, colourless, commonplace, humdrum, mundane, unmemorable, unspectacular, pedestrian, prosaic; routine, everyday, day-to-day, quotidian; North American garden-varietyNorth American • informal ornery
- Though in the ordinary, workaday world, you find yourself with not a friend about you, step into the other world, and a universe of friends, this great, glorious brotherhood, will be there for you.
- The routine, workaday books that keep rolling off printing machines and that one lives and works with today share very little of that quality, or that sensibility.
- But they are vastly outnumbered by packs of a more workaday character.
- 2Relating to work or one’s job: the workaday world of timecards and performance reviewsMore example sentences
- The question is whether we can find secreted in the language of a particular text the bustling, workaday life of the common people.
- Peering into their world was a welcome counterpoint to the workaday routine of her own life.
- The farmer performs workaday human movement: plain, uneventful, and unaccountably touching.