Definition of working day in English:
1A day on which one usually works.
- You must apply for inclusion on the Supplement Register at least fourteen working days before polling day.
- The case for abolishing Bank Holidays applies even more to weekends and conventional working days.
- It may be issued as late as four working days before election day.
1.1The part of the day devoted or allotted to work: a long working day
More example sentences
- The DOE said it is using maximum overtime and has introduced extended working days to tackle the problem.
- In this context, the normal eight-hour working day and overtime limits are already irrelevant.
- I've just checked my email now and, twenty-five minutes into the working day, I've had two replies.
Definition of working day in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan