1A day on which one usually works.
- You must apply for inclusion on the Supplement Register at least fourteen working days before polling day.
- The case for abolishing Bank Holidays applies even more to weekends and conventional working days.
- It may be issued as late as four working days before election day.
1.1The part of the day devoted or allotted to work: a long working day
More example sentences
- The DOE said it is using maximum overtime and has introduced extended working days to tackle the problem.
- In this context, the normal eight-hour working day and overtime limits are already irrelevant.
- I've just checked my email now and, twenty-five minutes into the working day, I've had two replies.
Definition of working day in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.