(also working group)
- A committee or group appointed to study and report on a particular question and make recommendations based on its findings.More example sentences
- Other stimuli for legislation may come from pressure groups, individual MPs, reports of Royal Commissions, and recommendations from committees, working parties, or other expert bodies.
- But no matter what the issue, the FSA runs to them and invites them to come on to one of its steering committees, working parties or contribute to a lengthy consultation process.
- The council will assemble a working party which will start organising the Christmas switch-on.
More definitions of working partyDefinition of working party in:
- The US English dictionary