noun (plural workingmen)North American
- A man who works for wages, especially in manual or industrial work.More example sentences
- When a mechanics' union campaigned for workingmen's interests in 1828, it was a signal advance for cobblers and their kind.
- Chinese workingmen and women are dying at a higher rate than their counterparts in Victorian England or turn-of-the-century America, and, until now, the world has been paying little attention.
- He intended his social programs to divert workingmen from revolutionary socialism and purchase their loyalty to the Kaiser's regime, and to a large extent he seems to have achieved his objectives.
More definitions of workingmanDefinition of workingman in:
- The US English dictionary