Definition of workstation in English:
1A desktop computer terminal, typically networked and more powerful than a personal computer.
- The Dell range of products includes personal computers, workstations, laptops, file servers, storage devices and, recently, printers.
- To avoid booting from floppy disks, the workstations needed bootable network cards.
- This kind of computing can transform a local network of workstations into a virtual supercomputer.
2An area where work of a particular nature is carried out, such as a specific location on an assembly line.
- It occupies an area of 600 square metres and covers the 11 workstations that assemble and fit the injection system.
- Most of the 60 million Euro investment paid for 44 robots in the body shop and a new assembly line with 50 workstations.
- Glass walls around the collaborative area and low partitioned workstations allow for plenty of natural light.
Definition of workstation in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India