1A small harmless North American snake which resembles an earthworm.
- Carphophis amoena, family Colubridae
- One is the Saint Lucia racer, perhaps the rarest snake in the world, and the other is the worm snake, one of the smallest, measuring less than six inches long.
- Purplish-brown above and salmon pink below, western worm snakes live underground and under flat rocks.
- These range from the worm snakes having a length of about 10 centimeters to those more than 6 meters long.
2 another term for blind snake.
- ‘Most blind snakes and worm snakes do have eyes, but they're vestigial,’ he said.
- Blind snakes are often called worm snakes because of their resemblance to earthworms.
- The worm snake bears teeth only on the lower jaw and is able to locate food by smell.
Definition of worm snake in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.