Definition of worm-charming in English:
The sport of enticing worms from their burrows.
- Of all the world's weird and wondrous sporting events and pastimes, the gentle art of worm-charming surely takes the cake as the most bizarre.
- World Worm Charming Championships - annual world championships of worm-charming and other zany pastimes - were held at Willaston, Cheshire (end of June).
- We've been worm-charming in Blackawton since 1984, when two locals decided to try it as a means of banishing the winter blues!
- 1worm-charmer noun
- Example sentences
- Worms dance to the tune of the worm-charmer.
- The village of Blackawton in the South Hams will once again be the centre of every worm-charmer's universe this May Bank Holiday weekend.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.