Definition of worm-charming in English:
The sport of enticing worms from their burrows.
- Of all the world's weird and wondrous sporting events and pastimes, the gentle art of worm-charming surely takes the cake as the most bizarre.
- World Worm Charming Championships - annual world championships of worm-charming and other zany pastimes - were held at Willaston, Cheshire (end of June).
- We've been worm-charming in Blackawton since 1984, when two locals decided to try it as a means of banishing the winter blues!
- Example sentences
- Worms dance to the tune of the worm-charmer.
- The village of Blackawton in the South Hams will once again be the centre of every worm-charmer's universe this May Bank Holiday weekend.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan