1A subterranean burrowing reptile which resembles an earthworm, being blind, apparently segmented, and typically without limbs.
- Suborder Amphisbaenia, order Squamata: four families and numerous species
More example sentences
- Here's a link to the series of pictures - you need to click on the ADDITIONAL IMAGES button to see the wrestling worm lizard pictures.
- There are unique species on these islands, such as the bizarre Bogadek's worm lizard, and we are discovering more.
- Many burrowing animals, from weasels to worm lizards, have smaller limbs today.
Definition of worm lizard in:
- The US English dictionary