Definition of worm snake in English:
1A small harmless North American snake which resembles an earthworm.
- Carphophis amoena, family Colubridae
- One is the Saint Lucia racer, perhaps the rarest snake in the world, and the other is the worm snake, one of the smallest, measuring less than six inches long.
- Purplish-brown above and salmon pink below, western worm snakes live underground and under flat rocks.
- These range from the worm snakes having a length of about 10 centimeters to those more than 6 meters long.
2 another term for blind snake.
- ‘Most blind snakes and worm snakes do have eyes, but they're vestigial,’ he said.
- Blind snakes are often called worm snakes because of their resemblance to earthworms.
- The worm snake bears teeth only on the lower jaw and is able to locate food by smell.
Definition of worm snake in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan