noun (plural same or wormfishes)
- A small elongated or eel-like marine fish of warm shallow waters.
More example sentences
- Microdesmus and other genera, family Microdesmidae
- The dartfishes have been taxonomically mobile in recent years and some taxonomists now include them in the wormfish family.
- I was in a hurry and didn't get close enough to anything to get a decent shot, so the wormfish is about it for today.
- Since we started our tank in March of 1997, we've had many species of fish - tangs, damsels, blennies, gobies, wormfishes, and clowns to name a few.