- (Of a projected development) characterized by the worst of the possible foreseeable circumstances: in the worst-case scenario, coastal resorts and communities face disasterMore example sentences
- The authorities now react to alleged threats with the worst-case outcome in mind, rather than taking a sober assessment of a situation.
- In the worst-case scenario, the antagonism will get out of control and will paralyze the party.
- She should have asked for a worst-case scenario, as well as a best-case scenario.
More definitions of worst-caseDefinition of worst-case in:
- The US English dictionary