- 1Having no real value or use: that promise is worthlessMore example sentences
valueless, of little/no value, of little/no worth, without value, of little/no financial value; rubbishy, trashy, paltry, (of) poor quality, (of) low quality, inferior, second-rate, third-rate, low-grade, cheap, cheap and nasty, shoddy, tawdry, gimcrack• informal crummyNorth American • informal nickel-and-dimeuseless, no use, of no benefit, to no avail, futile, ineffective, ineffectual, fruitless, unproductive, unavailing, pointless, nugatory, valueless, inadequate, deficient, defective, inferior, unsatisfactory, meaningless, senseless, insubstantial, empty, hollow, silly, banal, trifling, petty, inconsequential, lame, paltry, pathetic, piddling• informal a dead loss• archaic bootless• rare unfructuous
- How could he put a value on something that he believed to be worthless?
- Change also means that what we do today may be worthless tomorrow, but we have to accept that because we are in fashion.
- But talent is worthless if it is not combined with hard work, commitment and team spirit.
- 1.1(Of a person) having no good qualities; deserving contempt: Joan had been deserted by a worthless husbandMore example sentences
- Many people have been told they are worthless or that it is impossible for them to change.
- Without her I would not have developed as a person, would still be convinced that I am worthless.
- They all lack real hope in the future, see no point in looking for tomorrow, and believe that they are worthless.
- More example sentences
- Do you know how that feels, to be tossed aside worthlessly?
- They speak like they know for sure that that is what happened and it makes me feel that I'm just living worthlessly, but I am surviving for my child.
- I worthlessly hoped it was late enough that my dad would be asleep, so that he would not notice that I came in past curfew.
- More example sentences
- Regardless of her well-groomed surroundings and well-defined sense of purpose, she says that early in her career she would stumble on nagging thoughts of worthlessness.
- Isolation is the worst thing for someone who is convinced of their own worthlessness because there is no counterpoint to that opinion, no one to remind us of the wonderful qualities that we possess.
- Teenagers, in particular, are susceptible to feelings of worthlessness and low self-esteem because they cannot measure up to the perceived ideal of air-brushed perfection.