nounAustralian /NZ • informal
- A puritanical or censorious person, in particular a teetotaller or person opposed to alcohol.More example sentences
- They don't need wowsers telling them that you can or can't gamble.
- The nation is again being told off for its profligacy, economic wowsers merrily predicting a scuttling.
- Of course there are always the wowsers who resent the sight of anyone enjoying themselves, and would like to stop it.
late 19th century: of obscure origin.
More definitions of wowserDefinition of wowser in:
- The US English dictionary