A long-tailed North American songbird that is the only American member of the babbler family, with dark plumage.
- Chamaea fasciata, family Timaliidae
More example sentences
- For some reason, this hole was never used but further upstream, a nesting cavity, which a wrentit had used the previous summer to raise its young, became the perfect site for a pair of house wrens to raise their brood.
- Down in the canyon, I often see the house wren, acorn and Nuttall's woodpeckers, wrentit, and, in winter, the yellow-rumped warbler.
- Other birds you might see include wrentits, red-tailed hawks, and several species of sparrows in winter.
Definition of wrentit in:
- The US English dictionary