1A small bracelet or band worn around the wrist for identity purposes or to soak up sweat when playing sport.
- On her left wrist she had two black laces like the other one on her right and a white thick sports wristband.
- Then utilize the strap as a necklace or wristband and put it on an hour before the gym, wear it during training, and then remove it one hour after you have completed your workout!
- A craze sweeping the nation is to sport a yellow wristband known as ‘Livestrong’, a trend started by champion cyclist Lance Armstrong.
1.1The cuff of a shirt or blouse.
- The women wear embroidered white blouses, red wristbands, and heavy dark wraps around their shoulders and skirts.
- At the show's end, the sweaty lad in the Brunei Polo Club shirt had pushed his wristband tight up his forearm, as if it were the sleeve of a blazer.
- The Taiko costume - black shirt and pants, white tabis, black wristbands, a pink sash around the waist, and, for the boys, a pink turban-like headdress - was next to impossible to put on without help.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: wrist|band
Definition of wristband in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.