adjectiveCricket & Tennis
- (Of a stroke) performed using a pronounced movement of the wrist: he uses a fast, wristy swing to hit his forehandMore example sentences
- Laxman is a hesitant starter but a quick flurry of wristy strokes changed the tempo of the innings.
- Hewitt wastes no time pressing home his advantage, finishing his service game with a wristy winner from the baseline.
- I'm usually kind of wristy with my stroke, and putting can be a weak part of my game.
More definitions of wristyDefinition of wristy in:
- The US English dictionary